For the second time, this recipe idea comes from Marc. If you liked the first one, you will enjoy this tofu stir fry with soya sauce marinade, or teriyaki.
This recipe was WONDERFUL! Light yet very fulfilling. The baby loved this one so much, he used two spoons!
We love to try vegetarian recipes lately and apparently we are also fans of teriyaki sauce. New found obsession!
The soya sauce marinade was thick enough for us, but if you would like it to be even thicker you can add some corn starch or flour to it.
Something fun you can do with this recipe is add all kinds of vegetables. Use anything you have on hands like broccoli, baby corn or even bean sprouts. They would make the recipe taste so awesome!
We had some leftovers from this recipe and it was very good the next day. The soya sauce marinade in the tofu stir fry soaked through the noddles and it tasted amazing.
By the way here’s a quick tip: The longer you marinate the tofu in the soya sauce marinade, the better it will taste! The kids loved it. We honestly think it was the best tofu recipe we did yet.
Tofu stir fry and soya sauce marinade (teriyaki)
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ orange bell pepper,. chopped
- 5 large white mushrooms, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pkg of extra firm tofu, cut in squares
- Vermicelli noodles
- In a small bowl, mix together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Drain all the water from your tofu, add to your marinade, refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a large sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add onion and saute for about 3 minutes, add peppers and mushrooms and saute for about 8. add tofu and sauce and let simmer on low heat while you cook the noodles until aldente.
- Drain noodles and add your tofu and veggies to your noodles and serve.