Hello fellow smellers!
…that doesn’t sound good. Let’s try this again…
Hello fellow cookers! Yeah that’s better.
Get ready to satisfy your sweet tooth with some sucre à la crème!
I hope you had a good weekend! Ours was pretty busy, our son Nathaniel just turned 4 years old today, so we had his birthday party yesterday with his friends and family. In the afternoon he went to a place called “Fêtes en Boîtes“, which basically means “Birthday in a Box”.
They organize birthday parties and entertain your kids for a few hours in their store which means no cleaning for you! HOORAY!
Although we did receive the family at our place during the evening so it was still a mess after dinner. Nathaniel received SO MANY Spider-man toys it’s crazy. Fortunately, he loves him.
Well, back to our recipe for today.
Sucre à la crème, also known as fudge, is a traditional Quebec dessert known throughout the world and is fantastic! It’s the best dessert for sugar-lovers. This recipe is from Chantal’s grandmother – a special little secret recipe that she is sharing with us today, this dessert will literally melt in your mouth!
Please take note, it is of utmost importance to use a wooden spoon in the creation of this dessert. It is just not the same without it.
To your sweet tooth! Here comes the sucre à la crème:
Sucre à la crème – Fudge
- 1 wooden spoon
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- ⅔ cup of 35% thick cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- – Add brown sugar, butter, vanilla and cream in a pan, bring to a boil.
- – Turn the heat down to medium and let simmer for 5 minutes all the while mixing often with a wooden spoon. (Do not leave it alone, make sure to watch over it and mix often as it sticks quickly)
- – After 5 minutes, mix in the icing sugar, (I suggest you mix the 2 cups of icing sugar before hand, saves time and the fudge has no time to sit) mix thoroughly for 2 minutes (or until there are no lumps) this will harden the fudge.
- – Pour fudge mixture into a 9 x 9 glass Pyrex pan. Hurry, do not let sit as it will harden quickly at this point.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Enjoy, this dessert will literally melt in your mouth!