Meatloaf is amazing, but you know what can make it even more amazing? When it’s made in muffin tins for individual little meatloafs! We present to you the meatloaf in muffin tins with BBQ sauce and salsa.
Making recipes with salsa, or even making some homemade salsa, is fun. It’s good, healthy and full of vegetables!
Disclaimer: This recipe may produce a lot of grease that may or may not fall at the bottom of the oven and smoke your house.
Fun fact: It happened to us!
It felt like walking in the fog for a while but it was worth it. The BBQ sauce and salsa mix was really good and tasty. The baby loved it. He ate a whole meatloaf in muffin tin to himself! Little piggy.
I guess he takes from the dad… since I ate four of them myself. They were that GOOD!
We made 12 meatloaf in muffin tins with this recipe but you can easily double it and freeze some. They make easy and fast lunches or dinners when you want to eat something good but you have limited time.
We know we will do this recipe again when I start working so I can have some amazing lunches that will render my colleagues jealous.
But for now, I’m enjoying my three weeks vacation! HOORAY!
Meatloaf in muffin tins with BBQ Sauce and Salsa
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ onion, minced
- 1.2 red bell pepper. chopped
- ½ orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4 large white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- ½ cup of smoky barbecue sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup tomato salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put ground beef into a big bowl, add eggs, and milk.
- Put onion and bell peppers, and mushrooms into a food processor, pulse 3-4 times, to finely chop the vegetables into very small pieces then add them to the meat bowl.
- Mix together the smoky barbecue sauce, ketchup, the salsa and the Worcestershire sauce. Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix.
- Mix the meatloaf together with your hands.
- Brush.or spray your 12-muffin tin olive oil.
- Separate mixture in the 12 tins.s
- Bake about 10 minutes then top each meat loaf with a spoonful of extra sauce. bake for another 10-15 minutes.