Here’s a funny story: When Chantal was young – and recently – she uses to take bites directly into lemons. Yup, that’s right. A big, huge bite directly in a slice of lemon. This would drive her father bonkers. Since she still does it from time to time, I’ve often told her she was weird for doing it. It’s so sour! And yet… our middleman started doing it as well.
Hell, he has started eating banana peppers just last week! He really takes after her mom for that, because it took me a while (read 16 years) before I could bite into lemons directly, or banana peppers for that matter. To be honest though, when Chantal told me she wanted to do a lemon chicken, I was all for it. I love chicken, and this recipe sounded delicious.
Turns out lemon chicken is great! The chicken was really tender and moist, and the taste was just wonderful. The whole family loved it, and this is another favorite for sure. The lemon can become overwhelming, so be careful at how much you add to your sauce. Chantal added one slice per chicken breast, and the taste was perfect. You can add a few pieces to your sauce, but keep in mind that with the heat, the lemon taste will be stronger.
I don’t know if you guys are like us, but we love watching TV series. Unfortunately, the down season is coming and most shows are ending right now. And some that we love will never come back. It is the case for The Mentalist which we thoroughly enjoyed. If you enjoy good TV, you should definitely watch these two series. Two of the best on television currently. You should also subscribe to our mailing list, because, why not?
A quick and easy chicken recipe that will give you delicious moist chicken every time.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil and garlic, cook for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add chicken broth, lemon juice, oregano, basil and salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 Pyrex dish, add your chicken breasts.
- Pour the sauce over top of the chicken then sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cut some lemon slices and add over top of the chicken breasts, you can also put a few in the sauce, but not too many as it can get overwhelming.
- Lightly cover with foil and cook in the oven for 40-45 min.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
If you liked this recipe, please share your feedback here.