It’s patio time! We finally have weather mild enough to go outside with just a sweat shirt on and it encouraged us to do a refreshing dessert this weekend. I present you a dessert that requires NO COOKING, cheese cake in a jar!
Over the weekend we decided to invite friends over for dinner. Chantal cooked a tasty chicken parmigiana (stay tune for the recipe!) and her and our neighbor friend – which you might remember from the chocolate chip cheese cake – decided we needed a refreshing dessert.
Fresh fruit and cheese blended with graham cookie. Refreshing enough?
And since they were at it, why not impress our friends? Put it in jars!
Each cheese cake in a jar turned out to be so delightful. It was like taking a bit right out of a cloud descended from heaven. It tasted like paradise.
This dessert could be made in a cake form, but it wouldn’t taste as good. Remember, we eat with our eyes first! And putting them in jars was just so impressive that it made the experience totally different.
They made the cheese cake in a jar with raspberries but it could easily be done with strawberries, blueberries or even bananas. Only your imagination limits you.
Don’t be afraid to experiment!
Recipe for cheese cake in a jar, here we come:
Cheese Cake in a Jar with Berries and Graham Cookie
- 1½ cup of Graham cookie crumbs
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 3 packages of fresh raspberries (6 ounce containers)
- 1 cup of Maple Syrup
- 2 containers of Quark Cheese (375g each)
- ½ cup of raspberry spread (not jam as it is too sweet)
- 8 jars with lids, (must be able to contain 10 ounces each)
- Mix butter and graham cookie crumbs. once the mixture is crumbly, layer in the bottom of each jar. (about 3 large tablespoons)
- Mix 2 containers of Quark cheese and maple syrup together until you obtain a smooth texture.
- Layer Quark and maple syrup in jars, about 4 heaping tablespoons each. Tap the jars lightly to flatten the cheese in the jar.
- Mash up the 3 containers of raspberries with a fork, add ½ a cup of raspberry spread and mix.
- Layer the raspberry mix on top of each jar, About 3 large tablespoons.
- You may eat right away or refrigerate a few hours before enjoying.