What’s better than homemade pizza dough?? To be honest not a whole lot. Add basil and romano to it and NOW you’re talking. This is one of the recipes that we will surely make over and over again.
But first I got to say that today was a sad day. We celebrated the departure of my grand-mother and to be honest the funeral was beautiful. She would have loved it.
On a happier note, last weekend we went to the water park with our two big boys. We had SO MUCH FUN. The sun was present and very hot, the water was refreshing and everyone had a good time.
Sorry ladies, I’m not in the pictures. Didn’t want to make anyone jealous!
I’m kidding. It does take someone to take the pictures.
It was a great day and one we wanted to make this year before Chantal’s ataxia gets too hard on her to do activities like this.
Once home we made amazing basil and romano bread machine pizza dough. The bread machine is really used to knead the dough. It’s easier than doing it manually!
Now as you know we started our “Belly-Be-Gone” challenge on Monday. We had the pizza on Saturday. Let’s just say I exaggerated. I ate four pieces and I felt BAD. But it was so GOOD.
We made two pizzas and the one in the pictures was made with my very first spaghetti sauce. As some of you know, I am far from a cook so this was a big step for me. I made it under the guidance of Chantal and it was, dare I say it, delicious!
The recipe for the spaghetti sauce – directly from Chantal’s Italian grand-mother – will be part of our free e-book that we will distribute through our mailing list once it’s done. So make sure you subscribe!
Prepare your ingredients because this recipe was one of the best one we did. And our kitchen smelled really good! Let’s just say our blog name really took meaning when we made it.
Basil and Romano Bread Machine Pizza Dough
A delicious, fluffy home made pizza dough, with fresh basil and romano cheese- it tastes absolutely amazing!
- 2 teaspoons Bread machine yeast
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh basil
- 1/4 cup Romano
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- Pre-heat oven at 375 °F
- Place all the ingredients in the order listed into the bread machine.
- Select the dough cycle on the bread machine, press start
- Check to make sure the dough isn’t too dry or too wet. (too dry, add water, slowly and 1 tablespoon at a time, too wet, do the same but with the flour.)
- Once the cycle has completed, sweep some olive all over the dough
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 30 min
- Place dough in the center of a lightly oiled pizza pan and spread from the middle to the edges of the pan
- Add the toppings of your choice. (we used spaghetti sauce, topped with romano and mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced ham and pinapple.),
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes.
Depending on what spices or how much cheese you add to your dough, you may have to adjust the quantity of water accordingly, I suggest adding water in the first kneed one tablespoon at a time. if you wish for a crispier crust, bake in the oven , about 10-15 minutes before, add your toppings and put it back in the oven for another 10 to 15 or so..